Does anyone else not like roasted red peppers out of the jar but love them cooked or in anything else? I love roasted red pepper hummus, soup or cooked on pizza, but for some reason I just can’t eat them straight out of a jar. The sliminess freaks me out… I am sure I am really getting your appetite going now.
Well anyway, one day while looking to make an Alfredo sauce I came across a less creamy and fresh red pepper version. If you know me, you know I usually prefer creamy versions of things. I feel the need to try (making and eating) just about anything that even vaguely resembles cheese. Not only is this recipe delicious, it may be the easiest sauce recipe I have made to date. No preheating certain ingredients or chopping or any prep really. Put everything in a blender and bam!
This recipe is
Sweet and Salty- a perfect combination with..
Creamy- need i say more
Easy- sometimes you really just need a staple, go-to dinner. This should be one of them
Be sure to share and comment to let us know what you think!
- 16 oz pasta (I used black bean spaghetti but you can use any pasta that fits your dietary needs)
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Raw Soaked Cashews
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Begin boiling water for the pasta. Cook according to instructions. If you decide to use black bean pasta I have a more detailed section about cooking bean pasta here.
- While the pasta is cooking put all of the other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste to see if seasoning is to your desire, if more salt or pepper is necessary feel free to add.
- Once blended heat large saucepan to medium heat. Add sauce to warm. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and pour sauce on top. Mix together until pasta is fully covered and serve.