I am going to be honest, I am not a huge fan of strawberries (gasp!), but I know how much my fiance Austin (and everyone else, it seems) loves them, and I also know how much he loves cheesecake, so I knew I needed to give strawberry cheesecakes a try. And I am sooo glad I did. These cheesecake bites are the perfect balance of easy to make and really damn delicious.
My favorite part of these might just be the crust- sometimes with raw cheesecakes they can feel a little too healthy. Does that make sense? I learned that combining nuts and soaking the dates reduces the nut flavor that makes the crust taste more like a delicious treat than a dry protein bar. Don’t get me wrong, this recipe is still pretty healthy, i just would prefer if it did not taste healthy 😉
Also be careful making this recipe around cats! My cat Lemmy stuck her whole paw in one of the cups before I put them in the freezer. It was not fun to clean…
- ½ cup of pecans
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 10 dates (soaked for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight with room temp water or for 15 minutes with boiling water)
- ½ cup frozen strawberry slices defrosted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a food processor until “doughy”
- Place crust into lightly oiled cupcake pan (if you do not want to oil the pan you can cut parchment paper into strips and place it in the middle of each cupcake holder so you can use the paper to pull the bites out. Alternatively I use these so I can just pop the bits out). Put the pan in freezer.
- While the crust is in the freezer, add filling mix to a clean food processor and blend until smooth. This may take 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add the filling on top of each crust.
- Blend defrosted strawberries in a blender until smooth. Use a spoon to place a quarter size amount on each bite. Then use a toothpick to swirl the topping.
- Freeze the cheesecakes for at least 2 hours or until solid. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.