Ok I totally understand if you stop following me from the title of this blog post. I am finding it hard to forgive myself for this one as well (And I know, there are more than 5 veggies in this salad, I just couldn’t resist). I promise the salad makes up for it. It is so fresh and easy to make. Perfect for the upcoming BBQ’s (and for when you’re recovering from Cinco de Mayo festivities). This recipe is so versatile it could even be put into a taco!
Over the years I have grown to learn to love salad, but nothing beats a ton of fresh vegetables mixed with a citrus dressing. This salad is super filling and will make you feel great! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables (cucumbers and shredded carrots add great flavor).
This salad can also be served with tortilla chips. It is a great salad to bring to a potluck or BBQ if you are concerned about not having something to eat. People will love it and you won’t have to feel judged for being the person who brings the vegetables, and you can actually leave full.
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1 cup of corn (cooked)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp of chilli powder
- ¼ tsp of cumin
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients. You can make this salad ahead of time but make sure to wait to add the avocado until right before you serve.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour into salad.