I know I am pretty late to the spiralizer game (I finally got one!), but it really is a game changer. Especially for a pasta lover like myself. This recipe combines some of my favorite things, avocado, “noodles” and chickpeas! As an aside, Austin and I plan on naming our next kitten Garbanzo… more on that another time. If you have never spiralize zucchini make sure to check out this video.
This recipe is great served warm or cold, which makes eating leftovers super easy. I love using chickpeas as a quick and easy way to add some protein into my meals. Not sure if anyone has read the Plant Paradox, but after listening to the One Part Plant podcast with Dr. Steven Gundry I have started some research. I can not decide if it is alarmist or if the data is actually true. I know so many people who struggle to eat beans while at the same time I know so many people who love them. The important thing to remember with any new diet is that one size does not fit all. If anyone has any thoughts on lectins or the Plant Paradox please let me know! I would love to get a conversation going.
We finally launched our Facebook page this week, be sure to check it out. I felt this would be a great way to share resources that I come across without having to wait for a blog post (like about the Plant Paradox or the One Part Plant Podcast)!
If you are like me and are always looking for pasta alternatives be sure to download our Bean Pasta Recipe e-book. In it we have what bean pasta is, how to cook it, and 5 delicious recipes that you will love.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (or 2 tbsp of vegetable broth)
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Zuchinis
- 16 oz of chickpeas
- Spiralize zucchini! Or use store bought zoodles.
- Put all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season to liking.
- Once sauce tastes to your liking add to saucepan with Chickpeas at low-medium heat for about 3 minutes or until bubbling.
- In a separate large pan, heat the zucchini noodles for about 2 minutes, do not cook too long or they will become mushy.
- Add the sauce and serve!